But flee youthful lusts, and pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart —2 Timothy 2:22
Formative Years Needing God’s Word
The college years are perhaps the most formative of a person’s life. For the first time, they begin to grapple with the fundamental issues of life: Who am I? Where do I fit in? What is the meaning of my life? Does man have a purpose? Is there really a God?
How they answer these questions will affect the rest of their lives. Those of us who care for college-aged adults believe they need to be brought to the source of light and truth— God, especially in His Word. To enable them to answer these questions, we endeavor in the following areas:
- Prayer—We believe our prayer accomplishes much more than our work.
- Ministering the Word—As we meet with the students throughout the week, our times are centered on knowing Christ through His Word.
- Opening our Homes—Church families regularly invite college students into their homes for meals, fellowship, and activities.
- College Dinner and Fellowship—Fellowship—College students gather on a weekly basis to eat and enjoy the Lord together. This time is full of praying, singing, and mutual fellowship in God’s Word.
- College Mountain Retreats—Students and chaperones attend semi-annual mountain retreats to gather with students from various colleges in Southern California. Scriptural messages are given to supply and encourage the students in their pursuit of Christ.
If you are a college student in the Cerritos area, we invite you to contact us for more information, or to be introduced to some of our college students.